Posted By Nazareth Housing Development Corporation
Making Occasional Repairs Is Part of the Bargain
Below is a home maintenance check list offering spring cleaning tips and advice to keep your home safe and in good working order for the upcoming warmer months.
1. Change/clean HVAC air filters.
2. Replace the batteries in your smoke and CO2 detectors
3. Clear debris from around the outside air conditioner and remove the cover if applicable.
4. Inspect windows and doors to make sure they function properly. Replace if necessary.
5. Check putty around window panes and weather stripping around windows and doors. Fix as needed.
6. Trim back trees and shrubs as needed to eliminate over hanging branches and improve curb appeal.
7. Pressure wash your home’s exterior and apply touch up paint as required to address paint failure.
8. Remove leaves, small branches and debris from gutters, downspouts and down-spout extensions so that water properly drains away from your home.
9. Inspect your basement or crawl space for dampness.
10. Examine caulking around sink, tubs and showers. Reapply if necessary.
There are many superb reasons to work with Nazareth Housing to purchase your first home. The first, of course, is the large amount of subsidy available to eligible home-buyers which makes housing costs extremely affordable. Here are a few more… <Read More>